TRW Swap

Please post any related events in this forum.
Computer, Electronics, Robotics or Ham Radio related. Just about anything interesting.
Swap Meets, Clubs, SIGS, Demonstrations, Seminars, Classes.

TRW Swap

Postby Tim Laren » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:47 pm

The TRW Swap Meet is the last Saturday of every month, rain or shine, even holidays.

It is located just south of Marine on N. Aviation.

You can find parking South of the Swap off N. Aviation on Space Park Drive or North of the Swap off Marine, entering at Matter Drive and following the lot to the west.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Marine+Ave+%26+Aviation+Blvd+90266&hl=en&sll=33.960572,-117.685375&sspn=0.008347,0.021629&om=1&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=0
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Re: TRW Swap

Postby Tim Laren » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:15 pm

I will be at TRW this Saturday with all the good stuff. Hope to see you there.

I will bring my little CD-BOT that I have added Ultrasonic Ranger to that makes it turn around when it see you.

I also have a few NANOs, UNOs and MEGAs. Ultrasonic Rangers, Accelerometers and LCD displays.

I have a pile of Motor Control boards, Proto Shields, Ethernet Shields and Sensor Shields.

I have a few "Clocky"s, the alarm clock that wakes you up and then runs away. A great gift for the love one that can't get up on time.

Should be good weather and far away from the Black Friday crowds.

See you there.

Tim
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Postby Tim Laren » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:50 pm

December TRW was good. Great weather, lots of people and good conversation.

It looks like Arduino at the swap is getting around. I talked to several people that came just to see what I had there, and they seemed pretty happy. Don't forget, if there is something you are interested in, let me know and I will see if I can get it. After all, if you think it's worth playing around with, others will also.

I guess the 'News' is Radio Shack and Fry's are carrying a few items, and the problem for everyone and good news for me is they get over $35 for an UNO. Also, we all know what kind of support both of them supply. Radio Shack has started forums but there is little 'knowledge' there so far.

Write ups online and in mainstream print are being found around too. Here is an email from a buddy:
________________________________________________________________________________
Tim,
When I read about what you are doing at TRW in "The Economist" (A British financial newspaper distributed in the US as a weekly magazine), I know that what you are doing must be leading edge shit. They even have a name for it, "the maker" movement. Some are comparing it with the development of the PC. When are you going to travel to a "Maker Faire" show?

Roland

http://www.economist.com/node/21540392
________________________________________________________________________________

If you find anything out there please feel free to post it here also.

Back to TRW: I guess it started out a little wet, all that fog. After the fog lifted the smiles started to come out. Most people seemed happy that the holidays were almost over for the year.

Sorry if you were one of the people that got interrupted or ignored, it's hard to stay focused at my booth. I hope if you didn't get your question answered you ask it here. I didn't have any time to walk around but I did see lots of people with lots of good stuff. If you found any unusual or cool items, let everyone know here.

If anyone is interested, here is a list of the Top 10 items purchased from me at TRW:

1. Stepper Motor
  2. Arduino UNO
  3. Ethernet Cable Tester
  4. IR Illuminator
  5. Arduino Mega (1280 & 2560)
  6. 293 Motor Shield
  7. Breadboards and Wires
  8. Rotary Encoders
  9. Accelerometer (analog & SPI)
  10. Windows Stickers

Happy New Year all.
Tim
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Postby Tim Laren » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:32 pm

After no January Chino Hills Swap, it better stop raining for this Saturday's TRW Swap. If you didn't notice, it was raining cats and dogs for Chino Hills.

Here is a re-post from the Chino Hills Swap that I never made it to, but everything is still all packed up.

I have lots of good stuff in stock:
All Arduinos: A bunch of Shields:MiRF 2Mb 2.4Ghz Modems http://hacker.instanet.net/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=2

Also some new items that are real nice:

Protoboards and Jumper Wires (If you have not tried these, they are great. Very flexible and those cool little rubber ends.)
Lots more. http://hacker.instanet.net/Store/

If you want to insure I'll save your items, feel free to pre-order on the web and select 'Store Pickup' and 'COD'. I will bag up your order and hold it till 10 Saturday morning.

Hope to see you there, with some sunshine.

Tim

PS: I will update this later in the week as I have a few more new items coming in today or tomorrow.
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Return to Events