Chino Hills Swap

Please post any related events in this forum.
Computer, Electronics, Robotics or Ham Radio related. Just about anything interesting.
Swap Meets, Clubs, SIGS, Demonstrations, Seminars, Classes.

Chino Hills Swap

Postby Tim Laren » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:52 pm

Chino Hills High School has an Electronics Swap the third Saturday of every month. Please verify at their home page http://web.me.com/chinohillsband/CHHSMusic/Fundraising.html for the exact location as it sometimes moves to other parts of the campus due to other school events.

Chino Hills High School
16150 Pomona Rincon Rd
Chino Hills, CA 91709

A flyer is available at: http://web.me.com/chinohillsband/CHHSMusic/Fundraising_files/ElecShowFlyer.pdf

Most often the swap is visible from Pomona Rincon Rd. The school also posts signs from the freeway offramp guiding you to the swap.
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Re: Chino Hills Swap (October)

Postby Tim Laren » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:48 pm

I will not be attending the Chino Hills Swap in October. Wendy and I will be vacationing out of town that day.

If there is anything you need, Steve will be there, the spot next to me, and I can make arrangements with him to deliver the items.
Please let me know at the latest the Monday before the swap so I can get him the merchandise.

Tim
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Re: Chino Hills Swap (November)

Postby Tim Laren » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Chino Hills swap today!
I guess with the threat of rain, some vendors and customers decided to stay home.
The skies clear till about 10:30 then the temperature dropped by about 10 degrees and within 15 minutes there were little speckles of water scattered about. It only lasted about the time it took me to pack up.
I had a product that is new to me, the Arduino Nano. A breadboard friendly Mega328 w/FTDI USB onboard. Same processor as the UNO, 16mhz, 32k Flask and all that.
I also had a larger assortment of wireless breadboards available.
The new items will be in the warehouse within a day or so.

Well hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and see you next month.
Tim
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Re: Chino Hills Swap (January)

Postby Tim Laren » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Looks like I forgot about December's Chino Hills Swap. Well from what I remember, it is good that I forgot it. Everyone is afraid of a little water?

Well Fritz said it will be a good chance of rain again. That sucks big time.

I will be there anyways. Maybe working out of the back seat or just buying up whatever else is there and not too wet.

I have lots of good stuff in stock:
All Arduinos: A bunch of Shields:MiRF 2Mb 2.4Ghz Modems http://hacker.instanet.net/Store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=2

Also some new items that are real nice:

Protoboards and Jumper Wires (If you have not tried these, they are great. Very flexible and those cool little rubber ends.)
Lots more. http://hacker.instanet.net/Store/

If you want to insure I'll save your items, feel free to pre-order on the web and select 'Store Pickup' and 'COD'. I will bag up your order and hold it till 10 Saturday morning.

Hope to see you there, after all you are not made of sugar, a little water will not hurt you.

Tim
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Re: Chino Hills Swap (January)

Postby Tim Laren » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:59 pm

OK, so I lied. I wanted to do, but when I went out to my car I got soaked. It was raining so hard.

I talked to a few people that did drop by the swap, there was none. No staff and only like 2 vendors sitting in their cars floating in the parking lot. No mention of stray buyers.

Tim
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Chino Hills Swap March

Postby Tim Laren » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:04 pm

Looks like I forgot about February Chino Hills. Well it was good. Low wind, No Rain. Small crowd. Nothing special, I guess that's the reason.

Well it's March and there is RAIN, Again, At Chino Hills. Well what else could we expect?

Anyways, everything is all packed up and if someone needs something I will make the drive. BUT, a big one. If I don't hear back from anyone and the forecast doesn't change, I'm staying where it's warm and dry.

I've been sick and it looks like I'm over it. I expect to spend some time today updating the web site. Inventory is way off. I need to put up a few examples. And whatever else I see needs being done. Whatever I can get done with the time I have.

REMEMBER: Call, Post, Email if you want anything this weekend.

Tim
Tim Laren
Site Admin

Return to Events